about project eco-f&b
Project: Eco F&B is a certification programme that assesses the environmental management system of a food establishment. It facilitates the adoption of environmentally sustainable practices by addressing the establishment's environmental policies, air quality, as well as its water, energy and waste management.
Operators learn how to further reduce their carbon footprint by incorporating environmentally-friendly measures into their business practices.
Eco-F&B certified businesses enjoy the following benefits:
- Gain consumers' recognition for civic-mindedness
- Save on utilities and paper consumption
- Use Eco-F&B credentials on namecards, paper bags, shop fronts and collaterals
- Reduce food wastage
- Cultivate a green culture organization which customers can recognise
How do I apply?
- Drop an email indicating your interest to email@example.com and you will receive a self-audit protocol.
- Complete the self-audit form and obtain a score of at least 50%.
- Send the completed form back to the representative who will arrange an official auditor for a site audit.
- After 2-3 weeks, the results of your application will be released to you.
How do I start being green?
- Use eco-friendly packaging for takeaways
- Encourage your customers to bring their own containers
- Use eco-labeled certified cleaning products
- Refrain from serving water in plastic bottles
- Set the air-conditioner at 25 Degrees Celsius
- Reuse packaging whenever possible.