The Singapore Environment Council (SEC) respects you privacy and is committed to protecting it. This Privacy Statement applies to all SEC websites and domains. Our commitment and philosophy
- SEC does not collect any personal information about users, except which is knowingly and specifically supplied to us by the user.
- SEC is committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information and complying with the Privacy Act.
- We do not sell or pass your information to any other organisation.
- We will always provide you with the option of unsubscribing from our mailing lists.
Data privacy What information does SEC collects?
Passing on information
- Personal information such as name, address, contact numbers, e-mail address, etc is collected on the SEC website. We only collect the information in connection with specific activities such as membership, email newsletter subscriptions, volunteering, etc. However, you are not obligated to disclose any of this information if you do not wish to.
- Non-personal information such as the IP address (the location of the computer on the internet), cookies, pages accessed and files downloaded are also collected on the SEC website. This helps us to determine the trends and statistics on the usage on our site and it simply provide a means for us to improve on our service.
SEC is the sole proprietor of the information collected on this website and all personal information submitted through the forms on this site is held only in our databases in Singapore. From time to time, we may require the cooperation of partner organisations for some of our services. We may share names or other contact information with their partner organisations so that they can perform these services; however, our partners are not allowed to use the information we have passed on to them for any other purposes other than activities associated with the relevant services.
Changing and/or updating information
You can at any time correct, change or update your particulars by emailing us at
This website contains hyperlinks to third party websites. We are not responsible for the operation, content, privacy or data protection policies on third party websites and shall not be liable under any circumstances for any damages or loss resulting from access to these websites. Use of hyperlinks and access to third party sites are entirely at your own risk.
Changes to this Statement
We value your opinions. If you have any comments or queries regarding our privacy policies, please e-mail our office at
or write to us at the following address:
Singapore Environment Council
1 Cluny Road, House No. 3